Meet Logan! – Adopted - DRR Alumni
Logan is searching for a forever home!
Weight: 39 lbs
Age: Young (1-3 yrs)
Logan is a 14-month old, 39-pound Labradoodle
Logan is sweet and smart boy, but still needs a family who will reinforce some of his training to be a great and well behaved dog. Before applying, PLEASE read more about Logan
* He travels well in car, he stays in the back of the car and may look out through the window but he just lays down most of the time.
* He is crate trained - he goes into the crate and doesn’t bark. Only when I take my dog out, then he does bark.
* He knows all basic commands (sit, shake, down, hug, kennel) he does need reinforcement on pulling when walking. I have him on a regular collar and he pulls a lot even when I said heel, he will need a forever family who will continue to work with him on walking.
* He loves tennis balls and loves to play fetch and doesn’t show any sign of aggression (with me) when I grab his toys from him.
* He loves his food and knows how to sit and wait until I use the word release for him to start eating.
* He loves to play but he is chill as well. The perfect family needs to be active. I won’t recommend little kids because he jumps even though he has been trained to learn when to jump by using the command “hug” sometimes he is pretty excited in the am and he wants to jump. Just to avoid incidents... But according to the previous owners he loved kids too
* He did well at the vet a little nervous when the vet was trying to examine him but I was there to show him support so he was fine
* Not sure if he is house broken - I haven’t left him outside the crate while I was gone.
* He never grabs anything other than his toys to chew/ play with. Never seen him grabbing a shoe or trying to chew furniture nor cables.
* He likes to be petted but he is not needy. He likes to entertain himself by playing with his toys. He is a toy destroyer, lol, so you need very strong toys.
* He is potty trained. He drinks lots of water, therefore, to avoid incidents he needs to go out every four hours, or monitor/limit his water intake. As soon as he wakes up, he needs to go or he might not be able to hold it. So I don’t give him a chance- as soon as I open the crate, I put his leash and walk out.
* He loves to play with other dogs (pretty rough) my dog can take it but other dogs may not so I don’t recommend a household with other dogs. Again, if items that he is guarding are around - other dogs are NOT recommended.
* He is very possessive of toys (resource guarded) - he doesn’t give a warning, he just gets aggressive and fights. This can be a serious problem if you have another dog in the home with shared toys.
* He did get into a dog fight at the dog park. His forever family must be aware of this, to prevent any fights. Because of this, he must be kept away from other dogs in an uncontrolled environment, as his territorial personality is unpredictable.
Don’t let this behavior scared you or make you believe he won’t be a good dog, we just need to find him the perfect forever home!
Logan is fully vaccinated, HW-, sterilized and microchipped.
Good With Kids? No Small Children
Good With Dogs? Needs Work
Good With Cats? No
Energy Level: High Energy
Potty Trained: Yes
Crate Trained: Yes
Leash Trained: Yes
Basic Commands: Got them down!